Congressional Progressive Caucus to Hold Remote Hearing on the Disproportionate Impact of the Coronavirus Crisis on Communities of Color
May 4, 2020
Washington, D.C. — Wednesday, May 6th from 2:00-3:30pm ET, the Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) will hold a remote hearing entitled “A Just Response: Addressing Racial and Economic Disparities in the COVID-19 Pandemic.” This hearing will be the second in a series from the Progressive Caucus examining bold solutions to the coronavirus crisis.
Wednesday’s hearing will be chaired by CPC Executive Board members Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13) and Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (TX-16). The hearing will examine the various factors – including health disparities, economic inequality, and inhumane detention practices – that have put communities of color at greater risk in this pandemic.
Wednesday's virtual hearing will be available to watch live here.
WHAT: CPC Remote Hearing; “A Just Response: Addressing Racial and Economic Disparities in the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13)
- Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (TX-16)
- CPC Co-Chair Pramila Jayapal (WA-07)
- Members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus
- Reverend Dr. William J. Barber, Co-Chair of the Poor People’s Campaign
- Dr. James E.K. Hildreth, Ph.D, M.D., 12th President and Chief Executive Officer of Meharry Medical College
- Nayna Gupta, Associate Director of Policy, National Immigrant Justice Center
- Christina Paz, CEO of Centro San Vicente
WHERE: The hearing will air live on the Progressive Caucus’s Facebook Page
WHEN: Wednesday, May 6th at 2:00pm Eastern/11:00am Pacific